Era Of The Shinobi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Short Guide for New Players

Go down

A Short Guide for New Players Empty A Short Guide for New Players

Post  Hishido Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:06 am

Hello,

So I've been playing EOTS for about a month now and, considering the amount of problems I ran into when I first started the game, I've decided to write a small explanation of how to get started for everyone who decides to play the game.

Beginner's Note : Clans

Clans are obtained when you create a new character. It will first ask you what type of base you'd like, and then a message will pop up asking you if you want to be born into a clan.

NOTE 1 : Konoha is the worst place to start if you're new to the game. There are way too many newbies hanging around the village, which makes all the higher ranked players actively hostile towards you. I'd suggest joining Sunagakure or Kirigakure.

NOTE 2 : Even if you are an experienced role player, I'd advise you not to play with an Uchiha unless you get the hang of the game. The reason for this is because you will automatically become a target for everyone (because of Transplanted Sharingan) and you need allies and friends to help protect you.

NOTE 3 : If you're not a patient person, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PLAY THIS GAME. You will -NOT- become very strong very fast. Odds are that even after a month of RPing you will still be fodder.

Step 1 : Do not skip the tutorial if you're new. The player base will rarely help you if you ask questions that could be easily answered simply by you reading the tutorial. The most important part of the tutorial is, in my opinion, the explanation on how to use game markers such as maps.

Step 2 : You've now created your character and spawned in your village - great! So what do you do now?  You try and find a map marker in your village that tells you where the two most important locations in your village are : The Kage House, and the Academy. The majority of players will be hanging out outside the Kage house - consider it the village center. The Academy is where most of your role playing will be taking place, so it's important to know where it is.

Step 3 : Wait in the village center until a class is called. Since the majority of RPing takes place here, it's a good place to get to know the type of role players in your village. It's also a good place to kill some time and judge people silently. Classes are called via Academy Announce. There are no set times for classes - they happen at the discretion of the individual Academy Teachers. Your goal now should be to learn the three basic techniques : Henge, Bunshin and Kawarimi.

Step 4 : Wait for a genin exam. DO NOT ASK FOR ONE, THEY ARE HELD AT THE DISCRETION OF THE ACADEMY HEADMASTER. It's important to note that Sunagakure often doesn't have as strict regulations with genin exams as Konohagakure and Kirigakure. Most people who want to become genins quickly create their characters in Sunagakure.

Step 5 : Choose a profession and find a teacher.

It's unnecessary to explain anything else, because by the time you reach genin level you should've been RPing on the game for about 2-3 weeks and you should know the ropes.

Perk Explanation

NOTE 1 : NEVER ask for a perk. EVER. Admins view progress logs at their own discretion and will award you a perk in their own time. Asking for one is the quickest way to ensure that you won't get one.

NOTE 2 : It's not uncommon to RP for 1-3 weeks before obtaining a perk.

Step 1 : Click the progress log button.

Step 2 : Click on the perks button.

Step 3 : Read the description of all perks and choose one (Genius can't be logged for - it's a reward).

Step 4 : Enter your perk in the progress log window.

Step 5 : RP training for that perk and put those RPs in the progress log after posting them.

If you have any questions, post them here. I'll try and answer them.
Regards,
Hishido

Hishido

Back to top Go down