Era Of The Shinobi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

@Seven: Reviving somebody, because 'the game isnt all about killing'.

5 posters

Go down

@Seven: Reviving somebody, because 'the game isnt all about killing'. Empty @Seven: Reviving somebody, because 'the game isnt all about killing'.

Post  Xerif Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:17 am

This happened during the war yesterday.

Two explosive tags were placed down on the ground. A light layer of sand was swept over them to hide them from sight, but not enough to hide them from advanced sight perks. Somebody stepped on them, and was blown up.

They somehow survived, and flew across the area.

Two more tags fly towards them, with the goal of finishing the job off by blowing open their torso. They roleplay rolling over, and dodging whilst recovering from standing on two other tags, and being burnt, bones shattered, stunned and whatever. It comes down to a dice roll after much annoyance, and they die.

Later on, Seven revives them. Why?

Admin whispers you: The game isn't all about killing u know

Xerif

Back to top Go down

@Seven: Reviving somebody, because 'the game isnt all about killing'. Empty Re: @Seven: Reviving somebody, because 'the game isnt all about killing'.

Post  Vartio Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:32 am

Reasons I can guess:

A: Sand would have scratched/ruined the seals of the paper bombs;

B: Paper bombs are 2 sheets of paper, with gunpowder stuck in between, that's right, a paper-sheet thick amount of gunpowder, with a Fuuinjutsu seal that unleashes flames to burn the paper and set them ablaze. In short, you're dealing with compact, but extremely little gunpowder. Not enough to inflict serious wounds (to the point that characters use 50+ to kill a single enemy. Shikamaru, Konan, and the Mist Seven Sword to be 3 examples).
Proof: Kayakujutsu Edit

Hanzō's kayakujutsu technique.

Kayakujutsu (火薬術; Literally meaning "Gunpowder Techniques") are techniques that involve the use of explosives. A common variation of kayakujutsu is the usage of explosive tags. Often shinobi will attach these detonating tags to their weapons (usually a kunai) in order to make them deadlier. Hanzō, in particular, combines explosive tags into his Fire Release, creating a deadly technique which, even when avoided, can cause permanent damage, as it did to Nagato's legs.

First Bold: points out they're called "GUNPOWDER" techniques
Second Bold: notes PAPPER BOMBS are the primary type

THIRD BOLD: Explicitly notes that an AVOIDED paper bomb requires Katon to still cause permanent damage. Meaning as in not even touching the bomb itself, implying a small explosion radius per individual bomb.

C: "Land mines" require "barrier jutsu" to activate. There's not a single type of paper bomb in existance that activates on touch. This is fact or else Shinobi would be using them all the time as such in Canon, since such a use would be invaluable, cheap, and mass produceable. There are however, barrier jutsu that replicate the effect. In fact, there's a whole Barrier ninjutsu based around this concept you tried to pull off:
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Barrier_Encampment_Method
Note: The reason 4 could kill here is because the explosion could, for all rights, be contained by the barrier.

D: You had Sand/dirt/etc over the paper bomb. by canon, this distorts the paper bombs ability to recieve the chakra/signal of the handsign. There's a reason Doton Jutsu occur so close to the user, often requiring hand-pounding the ground, is because the ground's normally not a good medium for chakra. And again, why they don't have landmines all over the place. It took Deidara's specially crafted landmines.

E: You're Xerif. You do nothing but kill and ruin RP. All the RP you create is for the sake of centering it around yourself at the permanent expense or finalization of someone else's expenses. For all rights, all you do is kill, or maim, or something else. You got no tact of extending/prolonging RP as much as you can.

Vartio

Back to top Go down

@Seven: Reviving somebody, because 'the game isnt all about killing'. Empty Re: @Seven: Reviving somebody, because 'the game isnt all about killing'.

Post  Xerif Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:04 am

E: You're Xerif. You do nothing but kill and ruin RP. All the RP you create is for the sake of centering it around yourself at the permanent expense or finalization of someone else's expenses. For all rights, all you do is kill, or maim, or something else. You got no tact of extending/prolonging RP as much as you can.

--

Nuff said @ your post. Fuck off with your 'revive because the game isnt about killing' bullshit. In a war, you try kill a genin. You fail, you die. Deal with the consequences. A seal was formed once she stepped on the tags. They weren't used as landmines.

Dusting sand over your tags to prevent them being meta'd doesn't scratch out the seal.

As for the entire top part of the post, it's all bullshit.

Tags do 8ft explosion. Standard shit.

Xerif

Back to top Go down

Post  Vartio Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:37 am

Xerif wrote:E: You're Xerif. You do nothing but kill and ruin RP. All the RP you create is for the sake of centering it around yourself at the permanent expense or finalization of someone else's expenses. For all rights, all you do is kill, or maim, or something else. You got no tact of extending/prolonging RP as much as you can.

--

Nuff said @ your post. Fuck off with your 'revive because the game isnt about killing' bullshit. In a war, you try kill a genin. You fail, you die. Deal with the consequences. A seal was formed once she stepped on the tags. They weren't used as landmines.

Dusting sand over your tags to prevent them being meta'd doesn't scratch out the seal.

As for the entire top part of the post, it's all bullshit.

Tags do 8ft explosion. Standard shit.

Gonna stop at the bold:

Admins specifically told us NOT to kill and to extend out the war as long as possible. You Kiri Fgts went overboard on that and aimed for kill shots all over the place Wait, did I say Kiri Fgts? I mean specifically you, who tried to merk MORE THAN -4- seperate people in ONE conflict.

I don't even want to go into knowing why Mizukage was caught in first fight of the War (the legit first fight without purely admins on one side).

You Xerif, have never had tact for actually expanding on others RPs by sacrificing your own (IE: leaving someone alive and unpermanently injured, and UNCAPTURED, for the sake of long-term RP in a group conflict), it's always been about you.

Vartio

Back to top Go down

Post  Ecstatic Entropy Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:31 am

"E: You're Xerif."

I really hate to be 'that guy', but that sort of debunks your entire argument, however valid the other points may or may not be. Bashing on a player purely because of "who they are" (when he's a damned good RPer when he's not clowning around) is detrimental to make a clear and concise counter-argument.

Ecstatic Entropy

Back to top Go down

Post  Vartio Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:00 pm

Ecstatic Entropy wrote:"E: You're Xerif."

I really hate to be 'that guy', but that sort of debunks your entire argument, however valid the other points may or may not be. Bashing on a player purely because of "who they are" (when he's a damned good RPer when he's not clowning around) is detrimental to make a clear and concise counter-argument.

No No. You misunderstood. I ain't bashing on a player because of who he is, but rather the fact his very existance has warranted a category of RPers named after him.

As you stated, every point was valid, and no matter how "good" an RPer he is, it doesn't change the fact: A good RPer cares about everyone's RP, and cares about when killing someone would be best in most people's interests. This is a severely lacking trait in Xerif, whom, as noted in his opening post, warrants killing for killing's sake because it satisfies only him and his character's progress.

Do I dislike/hate Xerif? Yes. But that's why I reserved that for last: after debunking his whole argument. Why I hate him is clear: he lies, he bullshits, and he overexaggerates at levels that even I wouldn't dare.

Funny enough. If we're to say that Xerif knows a thing about paper bombs, then we need to review a infamous little scene in his history with them.

Chuunin Exams of 386 in Era's storyline.

Hyuuga, Rose, I believe it was, Xerif's character is fighting against 6 characters.

Fumiko, Taisen was noted to kawarimi with a log at one point equipped with 2 paperbombs when Xerif 'hit' him.

Xerif claimed himself within 2 meters (6.5 feet) of Fumiko, Taisen.

Xerif stated that paperbombs explosion radius was 1 foot to avoid not only the log's fragmentation of splinters smashing into him. Not only that, but he ignored the general paperbombs altogether.

That 7 feet is a whole difference from the 8 feet he's claiming above in this topic.

Moral of the story? Xerif will change the variables of how strong something is/is meant to be, to warrant getting away with what he wants. This is why point E existed, Ecstatic: because he is Xerif, and he's famous for pulling off whatever lies he needs to get what he wants.

Vartio

Back to top Go down

Post  SlayerthePhlegmatic Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:04 pm

Please drop this arguement.

The death has been validated, and hopefully future mishaps can be dealt with when guides are written to handle this shit.

Also, honestly Vartio, you did kinda ruin your argument when you turned bash against Xerif, and not the complaint.
SlayerthePhlegmatic
SlayerthePhlegmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xerif Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:05 pm

You're misinformed.

I was standing within two tiles, ten feet from Taisen. His log explodes. The explosion is eight foot, meaning the radius is around four feet from the epicenter. I am ten feet away. I am not blown up by said explosion.

I use logic. I also kill people who would kill me without hesitation, if I were in the same situation. I was told OOCly by the people I killed they had full intent to kill me because 'I am Xerif'. I believe I have a right to defend myself. I keep away from killing people, and restrain myself. After attempting to leave the conflict, I am attacked with lethal intent. I killed the aggressor before they could kill me. That's all there is to it.

That said, I should probably stop posting. I've experienced the 19 post Vartio debate before.

Xerif

Back to top Go down

Post  Xzerx Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:50 pm

Vartio: "he lies, he bullshits, and he overexaggerates at levels that even I wouldn't dare."
Vartio: "he overexaggerates at levels that even I wouldn't dare."
Vartio: "even I wouldn't dare."

Whoa, I didn't even know that was possible! (;
Xzerx
Xzerx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down