Era Of The Shinobi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karma Controversy

+2
Itari
Ramen
6 posters

Go down

Karma Controversy Empty Karma Controversy

Post  Ramen Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:28 am

Starting up a discussion about Karma because to me and a great deal of other people it seems as if the staff is very happy to dish out negative karma en masse, yet when people ask about how to obtain it they are never given a clear answer, or for the most part outright ignored. I've observed cases of Crazah saying he gave out positive karma, but upon further investigation it was to people who interacted with his character. What about those who do not have the luxury of roleplaying with the big man in charge who won't face opposition when he shows clear favoritism to someone? I'd like to give the staff the benefit of the doubt and hopefully some of you out there who supposedly have received positive karma can share with the rest of the playerbase what you've done to earn such a glorious thing because I know, and have argued with staff that I'd prefer being banned than have to suffer icly for something that is only given to you due to ooc actions.

For the record, this is an open discussion about the Karma system isn't me being mad over getting negative Karma. I only wish to understand and help others understand how the Karma system is designed to work. It's clear as day that people with negative Karma are treated more harshly than those who are not. I'll use personal examples of things I've experienced but I'm not trying to rage against the machine.

Last edited by Ramen on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Ramen
Ramen

Back to top Go down

Karma Controversy Empty Re: Karma Controversy

Post  Itari Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:38 am

Well since favoritism is a big thing in the world, admins are more likely to award their friends because well, they're friends obviously. This plays a big factor. There are some players whom had -16, -8, -7 Karma. Yet, admins say it does nothing. We have no idea how to gain karma, which makes the people with negative karma fucked. Karma is handed out like candy, but in the negative fashion as you had said, no warnings - No if, ands, buts or appeals. We're stuck with the negative karma forever, or so it seems. The karma system and the way karma is distributed has never been fully explained and has always been a mystery to the player base. The 'karma' punishment is stupid overall and should be removed. It's not effective at all and it only discourages people.

Admins don't care. Why should they? It's not them.

Itari

Back to top Go down

Post  Atomix Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:46 am

Well i'll start off by saying I have positive karma, whatever that may mean. I'm not particularly friends with any admins, meaning we don't talk daily, but I don't really hate any of them. As for why I have positive karma? I do not know one bit. All I do is RP normally. I try to help out the newbies, being a mentor to whoever falls under my profession. I don't clique up with people, uh.. and I basically just rp with whoever. Maybe that's why? Don't know.

Atomix

Back to top Go down

Karma Controversy Empty Only those with negative

Post  Yoslinga Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:51 am

If you have negative karma you probably ooc bigtime like I know most people with negative karma do.
By ooc I mean make decisions you do based on OOC. I don't think it should be removed or told how to gain it.
Just don't do retarded shit and you probably wont get negative karma.

Yoslinga

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramen Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:51 am

@Itari I want to believe that staff are unbiased like they claim to be (though I'm 100% that Crazah did indeed give out karma to certain people because he liked them oocly, this being evident because he also rewarded them with other special things). So, let's not make favoritism a factor in this and just try to see why some people have positive karma and others cant seem to at least get out of the negatives. I've personally just received -2 karma was was told that it would not effect me at all. "Admin whispers you: Stop trying to start a fight man, trying to be civil here, karma won't bring you down to the shitter, not just go about your business as per usual." Yet, I argued against this because I did not want to have to suffer this hard for a small mistake, and upon doing so I was given this "Admin whispers you: If it means that much to you, i'll put you at -1, it won't stop growth as much then." after I asked to trade a two to five day ban in exchange for the removal of the negative two karma because I knew it would never come off.

@Atomix Thanks for replying; Perhaps more players should try to work on doing what you do and hopefully we can see a change.

@Yoslingao Thanks for replying; I tested this by going an extended period of time with OOC say toggled on one of my characters, there was no difference besides the annoyance when people refuse to use OOC brackets correctly and interrupt your RP for something that usually has nothing to do with anything IC.

Last edited by Ramen on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:57 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : update for previous responses)
Ramen
Ramen

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoslinga Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:12 am

I mainly meant skype cliqueing. Alot of people with negative karma skype clique 90% of the time on the game, the other 10% their clique is either offline, or quit/died.
Not saying your skype cliqueing just putting some input here.

Yoslinga

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramen Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:21 am

Karma Controversy 5J6Fo
Ramen
Ramen

Back to top Go down

Post  Oedipus Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:06 am

Atomix wrote:Well i'll start off by saying I have positive karma, whatever that may mean. I'm not particularly friends with any admins, meaning we don't talk daily, but I don't really hate any of them. As for why I have positive karma? I do not know one bit. All I do is RP normally. I try to help out the newbies, being a mentor to whoever falls under my profession. I don't clique up with people, uh.. and I basically just rp with whoever. Maybe that's why? Don't know.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Oedipus

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabatron Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:00 am

Oedipus wrote:
Atomix wrote:Well i'll start off by saying I have positive karma, whatever that may mean. I'm not particularly friends with any admins, meaning we don't talk daily, but I don't really hate any of them. As for why I have positive karma? I do not know one bit. All I do is RP normally. I try to help out the newbies, being a mentor to whoever falls under my profession. I don't clique up with people, uh.. and I basically just rp with whoever. Maybe that's why? Don't know.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Wow you really trying violate lol

Gabatron

Back to top Go down

Post  Atomix Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:06 pm

I don't get what's so lol about that. I'm not in any clique, I basically rp with anyone I see. I.. dare you to start naming people I've formed a clique with.

Atomix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum