Era Of The Shinobi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perk Progression

Go down

Perk Progression Empty Perk Progression

Post  jaconlin Wed May 01, 2013 9:21 pm

Now I know perk progression is pretty standard across the board. For instance, it takes roughly 4 weeks on your own, to earn a perk. Which also depends on content. And with a teacher, that time can be shortened up to 2 weeks only. Now, for my suggestion, I'll be using strength as an example. Instead of taking 4 weeks to earn strong, and then 4 weeks to earn very strong, and 8 more weeks to get to the top, though I'd assume you'd NEED a teacher; I think perk progression should actually also be progression.

It's no question that very strong would take more to earn than strong; but the problem right now is that they're treated the same. Now, assuming this isn't on purpose, I have a suggestion. I think there should be some sort of increased requirement for the next perk "tier" (strong being, for instance, tier 1, and superhuman strength being tier 4. The two inbetween would be 2 and 3).

I think the system should go something like this: For tier 1, strong, somebody might take a week, or 2. Then the requirement for tier 2, very strong, would increase, and may take 2 weeks, or 4. For tier 3, incredibly strong, this might take 3 weeks, or 6. For tier 4, superhuman strength, this might take 4 weeks, or 8. Now, with a teacher, these could be shortened. Unless a teacher was required; say for instance superhuman strength might need a teacher. But if they didn't require a teacher, and had the higher requirements, The first tier, 2 weeks, might have a few days taken off. The second tier, at 4 weeks, might take a week off. The third tier, with 6 weeks, might take 2 weeks off. The fourth tier, taking 8 weeks, may have 3 weeks taken off. And so forth.

For the lesser requirements, may just take a week off all around.

jaconlin

Back to top Go down

Perk Progression Empty Re: Perk Progression

Post  jaconlin Wed May 01, 2013 9:28 pm

I would also like to point out what the Wiki states on Perk Progression:

"Perk Progression
Perk progression is similar to jutsu progression -- some perks can be learned from others, while other perks ("core" perks like stamina, strength, and speed) can only be earned through hard training. Log and date your RPs, preferably ones that apply specifically to the perk you are training for. Again, many of these are on a case by case basis -- it takes much longer to improve a "Very Strong" perk than it does to improve a "Strong" perk, and sometimes your application for a perk may be outright denied, and you may not be given a specific reason for it -- keeping a good, optimistic, pleasant attitude can work wonders in getting you that perk at a later date.
Samurai have an advantage in perks, because their flexibility in terms of jutsu are much, much lower than Shinobi -- however, this tends to lead towards them being utterly unstoppable in close combat, a large amount of physical perks making them difficult to handle."

To reiterate the point here:

"it takes much longer to improve a "Very Strong" perk than it does to improve a "Strong" perk"

jaconlin

Back to top Go down