Era Of The Shinobi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roddo's Staff Application

Go down

Roddo's Staff Application Empty Roddo's Staff Application

Post  Roddo Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:07 am

Your Information

Name/Screenname: Nara, Roddo / Kaguya, Sabajino
Key [?]: Gotenks anime
Location/Timezome: Eastern,but I'm on during the day and very late (1-5am)
Position Applying: Staff-Moderator

In-Game Staff Experiences

Game Name: I've been on byond since 00-01 (you can check the key), I'm admin'd, moderated, turfed for some of the best games on byond. I hosted DBZ Zeta (For the oldbies) for months when it was first released, I hosted and turfed Naruto Revolution (By lifehunter) back in the day among many more. My most RECENT staff experience is probably BOR ... Bbleach Odyssey Roleplay
Theme Of Game: Bleach RP Game
Game's URL: (Can't post a link for 7 days)

Freehand Questions

What made you want to offer your services to the Era of the Shinobi Team? (2 Paragraphs)

Honestly, over the years you find that Byond doesn't have many games that could stick around and maintain their player base or even increase it, I see that Era has the potential to stick around and be among the top games/RP games. As an oldbie on byond I tend to find one good game and stick to it, I don't have the free time anymore to play every last single game on byond like I used to. I've been playing EOTS for a couple weeks and I like what I see, it definitely has room to grow and I'm sure I could benefit in helping it do so.

When it comes to RP games you have to do it right or you'll quickly find the player base looking to do something else, and despite the RP grind and gradual progress that it takes to make something happen on Era ... people like it. Well they may not love it, but it keeps them coming back to see what they can gain instead of playing a game for a couple days and accomplishing everything possible from within it. The curiosity will keep players there and bring new ones, I would like to be apart of the equation because I think I can add alot of opinion/actions that could create longevity among the game and player-base.

How can you help this game reach it's full potential?(2 Paragraphs)

Experience, that's one of the biggest aspects to my game because I've been around so long. I've seen the rise and fall of the best games on byond and been apart them, both as a player and a staff member. My judgement is usually based on that when it comes to staff duties, because the player-base in general has not changed in the last 10 years on byond. I'm probably one of the coolest guys you'd even talk to but I also have a "no bullshit" side to me, I'm the person that usually gets sent in to handle the tough guys of byond. I think my experience coupled with my ideas and maturity would make a decent staff member on EOTS, but what I think doesn't matter at this point now does it? afro

I've been RP'n for the 8 yrs or so, both on byond and on actual RP boards ... giving me different perspective and range when it comes to the RP experience. I have extensive knowledge when it comes to Naruto, I usually never miss a chapter release of the manga and i'm currently caught up with the latest one. So all in all, I think I can benefit the game with experience, knowledge, maturity ... and uh ... oh yeah ... dedication. Dedicated players are great, they're excellent but to get the most out of your dedicated players you also need dedicated staff and if you couldn't tell by my long stint on byond ... I can be quite dedicated when in the right position.

What are some ideas you can come up with right now that can improve Era of the Shinobi's current state. (1 Paragraph)

Wellllll, let's see ... one thing that I think can be improved upon is the map switch mechanism. I understand the mind-set behind waiting a day, but I think it should be based on some sort of distance code or how long you stayed on a map that is away from your original village. For example, if I left Konoha and went south it's a short travel to the next map ... very short. So if I didn't know about the rule and I happened to travel that short distance and immediately go back, I'd have to wait a day? (I actually did that lol) I think there should be either a timer, or something that measures the distance between the player and his home village and once that distance is passed or that time is expired they'd have to wait another day to move that same distance back to their village map.

Another idea would be some sort of system that encourages teachers and higher ranked players to actually teach, the progress of the game is really on the back of those who have progressed further in rank and experience on the game. Like in real life, a kid's experience in life is based on who he's around and the generation before him. So motivate the generation of genin, chuunin, jounin by adding a reward system or point system that can lead them to something for their character as a reward for helping civilians and academy students. As they say, "It takes a village to raise a child."

I have more but that's it for now, -Dueces-

Roddo

Back to top Go down